[cdt-dev] 2.0.1/2.1.0 builds underway

Hey gang,

If you follow the cdt-test-dev list, you'll notice a couple of build
notices went out today. I now have the new n-stream build system ready to
go. The builds can be accessed at:

        http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/builds

From there you can access the builds for 2.0.1 (cdt_2_0) and 2.1.0 (HEAD).
My current thinking is to run both builds Mon, Wed, Fri mornings 3 a.m.
and 4 a.m EST respectively. Open to other ideas though.

There are a couple of new things with these builds:

- First, there is now only one linux.x86 build and all builds are done
independent of their windows system. We do not have any ws specific
fragments/plugins anyway.

- Second, there is now a Mac build for 2.1.0 for our Apple users out
there.

There are a couple of caveats with these builds, as well:

- First, there still is no CVS tagging for the builds. I'll give it some
brain power over the next little while and see if there is an easy way to
do it.

- Second, our automated test framework is broked. I have relied on a
couple of plugins from the eclipse world, but they appear to no longer
work in our infrastructure. I'll probably have to rekindle my own
infrastructure to generate a test framework I had started a while back. In
the meantime, you can always load the test plugins into a workspace and
run the tests by hand with the JUnit plugin test launcher.

Cheers,
Doug Schaefer, IBM's Eclipse CDT Architect
Ottawa (Palladium), Ontario, Canada

Back to the top