Re: [cdt-dev] Progressing towards 2.0 GA

Just a quick correction, the platform RC4 build is planned for Friday
morning, not mid week.

Doug Schaefer, IBM's Eclipse CDT Architect
Ottawa (Palladium), Ontario, Canada

Kleanthis Hapitas/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
06/22/2004 12:01 PM
Please respond to
cdt-dev

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[cdt-dev] Progressing towards 2.0 GA

Hi all,

I thought we should go around and see how we are progressing towards the
GA milestone targeted for the end of the month.

The Eclipse platform declared RC3 just this past weekend, and they have
identified about 25 defects that they will still want to fix before going
GA. So, they are planning to have RC4 built by the middle of this week,
and once those 25 fixes have been tested and verified, and assuming no
further regressions, they will announce GA likely before the end of this
week (June 25).

Given that Eclipse will be done by June 25, we should think about drawing
a line for when the CDT could build our (first) release candidate. Once we
do that, the goal would be that everyone takes a good look at the build to
make sure we have no further show stoppers. If we don't we could declare
GA after a few days of soak. If we do, we would do another release
candidate build, and so on...

So, what say you? What's a reasonable target for an initial release
candidate? End of the week? Early next week?

Cheers,

Kleo Hapitas

Back to the top