Re: [cdt-dev] Managed Make Builder configurations

Yes and no. Roughly .cdtbuild and toolchain schema are in relation similar to those exists between class and object. Indeed, we can describe any possible configuration without braking the limits of existing model. For example, imagine that one of configuration parameters is target CPU. In QNX toolchain this definition reqiers separate setting extra command line argument for each step of build process. And it works, no doubts. However, it seems to be inconvinient and unnatural. Much better if on configuration level I can select target CPU and don't care about tools parameters settings - MMB just borrows them from extension that describes my toolchain. On the other hand, selection of target CPU does not make sence for VC toolchain, or for the Intel toolchain which is included into QNX build system: both tools now support x86 platform only. So configuration parameters are toolchain-specific. In existing model this is an abstract target level.

Alex

Pierre-Alexandre Masse wrote:

Thinking more about it, isn't it what is already in the managed build?
The toolchain is the target and configuration defined in the plugin.xml
while the build settings is the target and configuration defined in the
.cdtbuild. Could this understanding be correct or am I missing anything?
I guess we are missing the os and architecture. Maybe it could just be
an attribute of a target (plugin.xml definition), couldn't it?

Pierre-Alexandre