[cdt-dev] When will CRegisterManager.addRegisterGroup( IRegisterGroup group ) be implemented?

Title: Message
Hi all,

I am a software engineer with Cisco Systems in Ottawa (just started a few weeks ago), and am working on implementing an in-house IDE for our proprietary hardware/chips.  I'm pretty new to Eclipse and CDT, but am amazed at what I've seen so far.  Kudos to everyone involved!

As a little background info on me, I had to implement a full-featured IDE for another company (Silicon Access Networks) without the benefit of Eclipse.  We were a team of two, and managed to implement everything in Java (resource management, source editor, debugging, breakpoints, watchpoints, etc) in about 3 years.  The company has since folded, but I'm finding myself right at home with Eclipse and CDT.  I'm very impressed with your work.  Had I known it was available back then... *sigh*.

Now for my question:  I noticed that the method..
org.eclipse.cdt.debug.internal.core.CRegisterManager.addRegisterGroup( IRegisterGroup group );
..currently does nothing, and the List fRegisterGroups is private.  Are there plans to implement this method in the near future?  Otherwise, is there a simple way around this?  I'm trying to add a custom register group, similar to what Tensilica has done in their Xtensa project.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
-Dan.

PS: I also noticed that the register view is still broken as reported in http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cdt-dev/msg02435.html.  Has there been any progress?  I'm getting around this temporarily by doing a removeAllRegisterGroups() in my initializeRegisters() override of my extension to CDebugTarget.

Dan.Bourque@xxxxxxxxx
shout@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top