Re: [cdt-dev] [Debugger]:No debugger available

Hi Leon,

We had similar issues trying to debug on PPC Linux.
We ended up rebuilding GDB front-end on our Intel box so that its
architecture matches PPC Linux.
Oh, then we had to make some changes in the plugin.xml so that our new GDB
front-end is recognized
by the CDT.
After that, things seemed to work.

Not sure if this is the only way to get debug going on PPC, but that
certainly was 'a way'.

Hope this helps,
Vadim.
Internet:  berestet@xxxxxxxxxx

             Leon Pollak
             <leonp@xxxxxxxxx>
             cdt-dev-admin@ecl         cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             ipse.org                                                   cc

                                                                   Subject
             05/30/2004 07:12          [cdt-dev] [Debugger]:No debugger
             AM                        available

             Please respond to
                  cdt-dev

Hello,
             I am trying to cross-debug my powerpc application from my RH9
machine with
the cdt-I200405130300-linux.gtk.
             As it was said in mail list, I:
> > In file plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core_2.0.0/plugin.xml
> >    change the lines
> >
> >      cpu="native"
> >      into
> >      cpu="native,mycpu1,mycpu2"
> >
> >    where mycpu1, mycpu2, ... are the cpu names used by GDB, e.g.
> >    "arm,i386,..."

             In this case I wrote in all occurrences of the "cpu" statement
(as I saw it
working once):

cpu="native,ppc"

             But this does not work any more. All the time I receive the
message:

[Debugger]:No debugger available

             In the upper left corner of the dialog "Create, manage and run

configurations".

             Please, what I do incorrect?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

--