Re: [cdt-dev] Error Parsers behavior problems?

Treggiari, Leo wrote:

I have the following comments:

1.  The fact that error parsers are not invoked in the order specified
by the user

   seems like a bug that should be fixed.

From JDK 1.4 documentation:

The Map interface provides three /collection views/, which allow a map's contents to be viewed as a set of keys, collection of values, or set of key-value mappings. The /order/ of a map is defined as the order in which the iterators on the map's collection views return their elements. Some map implementations, like the TreeMap class, make specific guarantees as to their order; others, like the HashMap class, do not.

So your conclusion is eventually correct

2.  The fact that the GCC error parsers always return false seems like a
bug that

   should be fixed.
This is a bug, no doubts. For example ICC error parser we supply with QNX Momentics always returns true if line is accepted.

3.  I don't believe that the ErrorParserManager should dynamically
change the
   order of the error parser invocations.  I think that if the user
went to the
   effort of specifying an order, then they probably did it so that a

   particular error parser always get tried before another error
parser.
   Dynamically changing the order defeats that.

I agree, this is correct

If the group agrees, then we (Intel) can work on fixing this.  I suggest
that these

changes are not important enough to try to get into 2.0, but we would
try to submit

a patch for the first 2.x update.

Comments?

Regards,