Re: [cdt-dev] New generated makefile pattern

Ouch. How would that work in a scenario where you do not have write
permission to the files that have to be built, e.g., in a ClearCase
dynamic view?

Doug Schaefer, IBM's Eclipse CDT Architect
Ottawa (Palladium), Ontario, Canada

Alex Chapiro <achapiro@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
05/19/2004 04:28 PM
Please respond to
cdt-dev

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject

Sean Evoy wrote:

>Chris,
>There are two basic extension I am thinking about; a makefile generator
>that you can supply in the toolchain, and dependency calculators that
>you can supply with a tool. They have to interact to get the deps right.

Optionally they can avoid interaction, as in our implementation of
dependency checker which just touches files that has to be rebuild and
relies on the standard make dependency checking rules.