Re: [cdt-dev] HEAD branch and Eclipse platform version.....

I think we can move forward on this. Like you said Doug, things should be pretty stable this week since they are warming up to M9 this week, so....

+1

Dave.

Douglas Schaefer wrote:

Hey David, have I got a deal for you :-)

Last weeks integration build (the one on Friday) seems to be pretty good. Also, they have started the test builds for M9 this morning so things should be settling down in the platform.

If everyone is ready, here's my recommendation:

       - move to last week's integration build (20040514 - 0800) now-ish
       - don't move again until next Monday with M9

I'll do test builds along the M9 trail (we have a fast mirror here where downloading builds only takes minutes) to keep track of any API breakage. I doubt there will be much at this stage.

Thoughts?
Doug Schaefer, IBM's Eclipse CDT Architect
Ottawa (Palladium), Ontario, Canada

David Inglis <dinglis@xxxxxxx> Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
05/17/2004 10:03 AM
Please respond to
cdt-dev

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[cdt-dev] HEAD branch and Eclipse platform version.....

Has the HEAD become dependent on some integration build of the Platform? I seem to have some new errors this morning.....

FLAG_LAYOUT_FLAT cannot be resolved CSearchResultPage.java org.eclipse.cdt.ui/src/org/eclipse/cdt/internal/ui/search line 202 May 17, 2004 9:07:22 AM The method getLayout() is undefined for the type CSearchResultPage CSearchResultPage.java org.eclipse.cdt.ui/src/org/eclipse/cdt/internal/ui/search line 202 May 17, 2004 9:07:22 AM FLAG_LAYOUT_FLAT cannot be resolved CSearchResultPage.java org.eclipse.cdt.ui/src/org/eclipse/cdt/internal/ui/search line 247 May 17, 2004 9:07:22 AM The method getLayout() is undefined for the type CSearchResultPage CSearchResultPage.java org.eclipse.cdt.ui/src/org/eclipse/cdt/internal/ui/search line 247 May 17, 2004 9:07:22 AM

Personally I think I'm ready to move as long as there are no more API changes... I find the downloading of the builds can take hours if they complete at all. Kind of a pain if you have to download a new build every morning.....