Re: [cdt-dev] About refactoring . . .

There are certainly plans and we have simple rename refactoring coming up
in our next release this summer. For C/C++, refactoring is much more
complicated than Java, mainly because of the preprocessor and conditional
compile. But we've seen some research work that has explored the area and
will give it a try for our release next year. Any help people can give us
would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Doug Schaefer, IBM's Eclipse CDT Architect
Ottawa (Palladium), Ontario, Canada

Reginaldo Delfino <reginaldo.delfino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
05/13/2004 03:55 PM
Please respond to
cdt-dev

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[cdt-dev] About refactoring . . .

Hi you folks;

As recently I've seen myself writing C programs after
becoming completely addicted to the cool java refactoring
features of Eclipse, I gave CDT a shot hoping for something
like those features for C programs.

Can anyone tell me if there are plans for refactoring features?
Is there anyone working on this?

Thanx

Reginaldo Delfino