RE: [cdt-dev] Changes to the Managed Build Tool Definitions

And QNX of course =;-)
-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Evoy [mailto:sevoy@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: May 4, 2004 11:08 AM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] Changes to the Managed Build Tool Definitions

Hi All,
This is a heads-up to everyone developing against the managed build system. I am checking in a large change to the managed build tool definitions for the Gnu toolchain. In an attempt to support other POSIX targets like HPUX and AIX, and to make the whole mess a bit more maintainable, I have collapsed a lot of the target, tool, and option definitions to take advantage of the changes we have made to the model in this release.

There is a project conversion IStartup routine that runs whenever you start your workbench. Currently, it runs every time the workbench is started (and it finds older projects). If you say no to the conversion, it will run the next time you start the workbench (but I am working on a fix so it remembers that you said no and will not bug you again). I will also be putting in a menu item for unconverted 1.2.x projects so you can convert them after refusing. Anyway, I tested this as well as I could with the limited number of projects I had at my disposal. Please let me know if you encounter problems.

I will be updating the JUnit tests shortly to really give the changes I made a thorough kicking.

I apologize in advance for any pain this change will cause.

Sean Evoy
Rational Software - IBM Software Group
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Back to the top