Re: [cdt-dev] new architecture support

> Hi,
>
> We are starting an Eclipse-based project, more details of which I will
> provide soon. I the mean time, I will be supporting CDT 2.0M8 (and
> Eclipse 3.0M8) on two architectures: macosx/carbon/ppc and linux/*/ppc.
> So far I have created org.eclipse.cdt.core.macosx,
> org.eclipse.cdt.macosx.carbon and org.eclipse.cdt.macosx.carbon-feature
> projects, but have a few questions I'd appreciate if someone would
> answer:
>
> 1. The org.eclipse.cdt.core.* projects include a library folder with a
> bunch of pty routines. How do you configure and build and install this
> as part of the project? Also, the Makefile needs JAVA_HOME to be set.
> Is it defined internally in the Eclipse environment somewhere (if it is
> I'm damned if I can find it)?

libpty.so is JNI code to get a pseudo pty so we can redirect the output
of the debugging program to the (eclipse)console.

It is probably not vital at this point.  For example for windows,
we do do this, the debugging application is spawned with a DOS console.
If someone knows how to create pseudo ttys on Windows, .. I'd like to know.

Eclipse does not know about JAVA_HOME, you need to  set it this
to find the jni includes, makefiles build.

> 2. This project also include the ProcessList class. Although I've
> implemented it, I can't find any reference to it in the cdt code. Is it
> still in use?

Yes, it is a fragment, when debugging you can attach, the fragment
is invoked to find a list of process to attach.  Look for IProcessList
instead of ProcessList.

> 3. How would you like the projects contributed, and what are your
> policies for regression testing, etc?

Back to the top