Re: [cdt-dev] Source Folders for CDT projects?

Hey guys,

I am just throwing this out there.   The platform guys introduced the "Build Working Set" menu (in the M8 timeframe I think) under the Project Menu.  These working sets are the same working sets that you can setup in the Search dialog.

Can we used these working sets for controlling what we are compiling or even indexing in the CDT?

Cheers,

Mathieu Lapensée
CDT Software Verification Lead
IBM - SWG - Rational Division

Kleanthis Hapitas/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/20/2004 09:51 PM

Please respond to
cdt-dev

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [cdt-dev] Source Folders for CDT projects?

Guys, as we discussed at the last conference call, I'm putting together a table to summarize our feature/plan item status as we near the M9 milestone.

Alain, can you give me the PR number for this plan item that you mention below?

Thanks,

Kleo

"Alain Magloire" <alain@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

20/04/2004 04:42 PM

Please respond to
cdt-dev

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [cdt-dev] Source Folders for CDT projects?

> Hey gang,
>
> I remember this coming up in previous conversations but I'm not sure if
> anything came of it. One of the solutions to our scalability problems with
> the indexer would be to introduce the source folder concept as we see in
> the JDT. This would allow the user to set the project root anywhere in
> their source tree, but control which parts of it the indexer should bother
> indexing. We could also, potentially, use this with the managed builder to
> control what files it considers compiling.
>
> Is there anyone working on such a beast? Or is this just a bad idea?

8-)

This is already done.  We are currently working on the details and planning the UI.
The UI is currently disable on cdt.ui/plugin.xml.

We've exchange emails and doc/design on this and PR with [plan item]
I guess it was not clear.  This is part of the PathEntry and changes
been already committed to the Core Model(ICElement) to understand the hierarchy.
For example, the C/C++ project view already understand this and
will show "source folder" etc ..

Work in Progress.