Re: [cdt-dev] Source Folders for CDT projects?

Guys, as we discussed at the last conference call, I'm putting together a table to summarize our feature/plan item status as we near the M9 milestone.

Alain, can you give me the PR number for this plan item that you mention below?

Thanks,

Kleo

"Alain Magloire" <alain@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

20/04/2004 04:42 PM

Please respond to
cdt-dev

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [cdt-dev] Source Folders for CDT projects?

> Hey gang,
>
> I remember this coming up in previous conversations but I'm not sure if
> anything came of it. One of the solutions to our scalability problems with
> the indexer would be to introduce the source folder concept as we see in
> the JDT. This would allow the user to set the project root anywhere in
> their source tree, but control which parts of it the indexer should bother
> indexing. We could also, potentially, use this with the managed builder to
> control what files it considers compiling.
>
> Is there anyone working on such a beast? Or is this just a bad idea?

8-)

This is already done.  We are currently working on the details and planning the UI.
The UI is currently disable on cdt.ui/plugin.xml.

We've exchange emails and doc/design on this and PR with [plan item]
I guess it was not clear.  This is part of the PathEntry and changes
been already committed to the Core Model(ICElement) to understand the hierarchy.
For example, the C/C++ project view already understand this and
will show "source folder" etc ..

Work in Progress.