Re: [cdt-dev] Idea on cvs project creation

Yes,
There is now a test plugin for managed build, which is great. I am in the process of testing Leo's patch for error parsers, so moving the tests over as part of that would save me one additional request to you guys for a commit.

Will there be any great disruption to others working on the managed build if I move the JUnit tests over to this new project immediately?

Sean Evoy
Rational Software - IBM Software Group
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

David Inglis <dinglis@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/20/2004 11:36 AM

Please respond to
cdt-dev

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject

Douglas Schaefer wrote:

>+1 the sooner the better. I assume Mike already has the list that maps
>projects to groups to manage the permissions.

It looks like the new groups and permissions have already been done see
http://www.eclipse.org/tools/commit.html#cdt

Sean, looks like you new test plugin is sitting there too.

>I suggest having him create
>directories with the same names under /home/tools for each group and
>moving the affected projects under those directories. Shouldn't be too
>hard. (Man, I wish I had root on dev.eclipse.org... I'd have it for you in
>10 minutes)

This moving of project needs to be carefully coordinated so that people
actively working can checkin before the more as we will all have to
re-checkout everything after the move. Merging between the old and new
locations will *not* work.