[cdt-dev] Re: [cdt-patch] Fwd: Re: [cdt-dev] EditorUtility.getStorage(IBinary)

At 03:01 PM 1/19/2004 -0500, Alain Magloire wrote:

> If there's anything worse than being a director, it's being a director and
> attempting to get real work done. I must have died on the way in to work
> today and gone to hell or something. :) Regardless, here's what the changes
> ended up looking like for 1.2.1. I don't know if this has been an area of
> big churn on 2.0. If not, maybe it's helpful.
>
> With these changes to CDT, we successfully subclassed ElfParser and
> overrode the new getViewableContents method to do our special magic for
> what shows up when you double click a binary in Xtensa Xplorer. That makes
> me think it works. I like not having to go in and hack EditorUtility (like
> we did last time.)
>
> Some review of the creation of IBuffers by Binary is appreciated. Totally
> opaque to me, I just took a stab at it, might be leaking like a seive.

Question:
- did you want this for 1.2.1 ?
because it is a lot(too much) of changes (breaking interfaces etc ...) for that
  late in the game in the 1.2.1 branch.

No worries.

Definitely head(2.x) material.  I see the general idea, I want to massage it
a little before commiting to the head.

Great!

I want Tensilica to, someday, be able to ship an unmodified version of the CDT with Xplorer. I have never thought that 1.2.1 would be that version. (Nor could 1.2.1 be that version, we are having to do some unholy things to the spawner to support our cygwin version.)

Some customer will someday say, "I really want to use Xplorer with this other CDT based tool, what's the path?" That's when we are going to really care about the platform being unmodified. I'm sure it will come up eventually.

Thanks for being willing to put a version of this in. It's a hook we really need.

Thanks!
-Chris

Merci buckets(thanks).