[cdt-dev] Re: [cdt-test-dev] CDT 2.0 M5 Release Candidate 1 now available

Yes, beware of the version numbers. The distribution zips are version
2.0.0, i.e. without a build number. The behavior would be undefined if you
were trying to mix.

Doug Schaefer, Senior Software Developer
IBM Rational Software, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Brent Nicolle/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: cdt-test-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
11/25/2003 12:58 PM
Please respond to
cdt-test-dev

cdt-test-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [cdt-test-dev] CDT 2.0 M5 Release Candidate 1 now available

Hi -

Sanity Test passes on WinXP, with a healthy dose of non-major bugs
(omitted here, not yet raised) and one potential show-stopper (likely not
CDT's problem):

I had prepared an Eclipse 3.0M5 "ready to go" with its Update Manager
pointing at the CDT 2.0 build page.  Unfortunately, this CDT build is
using a distribution zip.  It looks like once I had started using the
Update Manager (or rather the E3.0 equivalent), Eclipse wasn't going to
pay attention to new plugins showing up in its install directory.  So I
couldn't open the C/C++ Perspective despite the fact that the CDT bits
were correctly unzipped into Eclipse's features/plugins directories.  With

a fresh install of Eclipse + CDT, I was able to open the C/C++ Perspective

and get on with my day.  If you have similar trouble getting started, try
a fresh install of Eclipse 3.0M5.

I'll raise this bug (probably to Eclipse/Update) after a little more
investigation, by COB.

Cheers,

- Brent

Douglas Schaefer/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: cdt-test-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
11/25/2003 09:43 AM
Please respond to
cdt-test-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, cdt-test-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[cdt-test-dev] CDT 2.0 M5 Release Candidate 1 now available

Hey gang,

I've finally got together a build of CDT 2.0 that people can test. The
move to eclipse 3.0 has blown up my build scripts for now (mainly due to
bugs in PDE). So for now, we need to resort back to the old distribution
zips. The build can be found on the CDT downloads page:

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/cdt-home/downloads/main.html?cvsroot=Tools_Project

Please take a crack at these builds to make sure there are no show
stoppers. If you find one, please send it to this list so we can triage.
The objective is to release this build to the public so that people can
start using the CDT with Eclipse 3.0 M5. As such, the quality has to be
pretty reasonable. I'd like to get the release out by the end of day
Wednesday.

Cheers,