[cdt-dev] Changelog Plug-in?

Hello All,

I remember some months ago, there being interest expressed on this list
for an emacs like changelog plug-in for Eclipse.

Has there been any further thought on this? As (CDT being) on of the
tools projects in Eclipse  that use changelogs, you might know how
desirable one would be :-)

I did start a small plug-in around this. I got stuck in trying to make
it language independent. Is there any interest in implementing something
like this in the CDT (or eclipse in general, at which eclipse-dev list
might be more appropriate)?

I did hack around on this. A simple plug-in really, that implemented
IEditorActionDelegate, set the active editor to something like:

this.editor = (AbstractTextEditor) targetEditor

And then used the IDocument interface to access the underlying text:

IDocumentProvider provider = this.editor.getDocumentProvider();

this.document = provider.getDocument(this.editor.getEditorInput());
ITextSelection selection = (ITextSelection)
this.editor.getSelectionProvider().getSelection();

I could then use a partition scanner to locate the section of code that
was under the cursor? I got stuck in parsing the function in a non
language dependent way (I wanted to avoid writing a parser for
C/C++/Java etc).

Alain, I was reminded it may have been you who mentioned this sometime
ago. Has there been any further thought on it?

Regards

Phil Muldoon
--
Phil Muldoon <pmuldoon@xxxxxxxxxx>