[cdt-dev] building cdt?

I have the two native libraries compiled for OS X, but I'm having problems building org.eclipse.cdt.ui. I get the compile errors:

Error The project was not built since its classpath is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for org.eclipse.jface.text.IPositionUpdater. Fix the classpath then try rebuilding this project. org.eclipse.cdt.ui Error This compilation unit indirectly references the missing type org.eclipse.jface.text.IPositionUpdater (typically some required class file is referencing a type outside the classpath) ControlFactory.java org.eclipse.cdt.ui/utils.ui/org/eclipse/ cdt/utils/ui/controls line 0

IPositionUpdater does not appear to exist.

I also get the following problems with the plugin.xml

Warning Element 'scope' is not legal in the enclosing extension point. plugin.xml org.eclipse.cdt.ui line 354 Warning Element 'scope' is not legal as a child of element 'null'. plugin.xml org.eclipse.cdt.ui line 354 Warning Required attribute 'id' not defined. plugin.xml org.eclipse.cdt.ui line 294 Warning Required attribute 'id' not defined. plugin.xml org.eclipse.cdt.ui line 287

I have a general question about building cdt. Do you use Eclipse 2.1.1 to do the development with Eclipse 3.0 as the target platform, or do you use Eclipse 3.0 for the development. I'm trying to do the former. Also, the project appears to be set up to require the dependent eclipse plugins to be in the workspace. How is this different (better?) than selecting the dependent plugins from the Plug-In Development->Target Platform preferences?

Bryan

Back to the top