Re: [cdt-dev] Interested in supporting OS X

Hi Bryan,

Porting the CDT isn't a big deal, especially for Unix-like platforms like
OS X. There are a couple of small DLLs that would, at least, need to be
copied from one of the existing ports and recompiled. If there are API
incompatibilities, then you'll need to make some code changes. The DLLs
generally deal with interactions with external tools like the debugger and
builds using ptys and process control functions. If you have detailed
questions, this is the right list to send them.

Once you have everything working, it's a simple matter of zipping up the
projects and sending them to the cdt-patch list. We'll (IBMers or QNXers)
make sure they get checked into CVS and included in builds.

I hope you take this on. I have a G5 on order and will be happy to help
exercise your work.

Cheers,
Doug Schaefer, Senior Software Developer
IBM Rational Software, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Bryan Hunt <bhunt@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
11/03/2003 03:18 PM
Please respond to
cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[cdt-dev] Interested in supporting OS X

I may be interested in supporting OS X.  Can anyone tell me what would
be involved, how to get started, and  give me an idea of how much time
it would take?  I will also need some help from the IBM'ers on getting
permission from IBM to release my code if I decide to do this.

Bryan