Re: [cdt-dev] Outline view

> The outline view uses the CModel which is built with a Quick parse rather
> than a Complete parse (as Search does).  Thus, the parser is not following
> inclusions and currently does not have the build-path information provided
> by the CModelBuilder to actually find out where those files are.
>
> Our introduction of Include Path/Preprocessor definition information on
> the project could be used to help provide the full path to the file as
> specified in the Outline view; however, it is a bit late to make that
> change, since we're still trying to get Search and Indexer working
> completely properly.

Yes, we had that discussion, made a proposal to make IInclude.getPath()
return the correct path.  But it was not possible to do it within
a short timeframe and we were not sure either if that was the right place.
The simplest solution was to do it via the IScannerInfo.

Things will be change again once we introduce to the CoreModel the
management of ICPathEntry(schedule for CDT-2.0) and we can take a second
look at the inclusion business.

> I'd be OK with the menu option going away for 1.2 and putting this in for
> a feature request/enhancement post 1.2 ... I hate seeing UI options (like
> Add Inclusion) that do nothing for out-of-the-box CDT ...

I should work ok, if the include paths are set within the builders
i.e the IScannerInfo returns the right paths.

The PR for this was long set Resolve.

Back to the top