Re: [cdt-dev] Outline view

The outline view uses the CModel which is built with a Quick parse rather
than a Complete parse (as Search does).  Thus, the parser is not following
inclusions and currently does not have the build-path information provided
by the CModelBuilder to actually find out where those files are.

Our introduction of Include Path/Preprocessor definition information on
the project could be used to help provide the full path to the file as
specified in the Outline view; however, it is a bit late to make that
change, since we're still trying to get Search and Indexer working
completely properly.

I'd be OK with the menu option going away for 1.2 and putting this in for
a feature request/enhancement post 1.2 ... I hate seeing UI options (like
Add Inclusion) that do nothing for out-of-the-box CDT ...

JohnC

cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 09/20/2003 02:05:43 PM:

> Right-click a .h file in the Outline view and click Open... nothing
happens.

> Should the selected .h file not open in the editor?
>
> Tanya-Marise de Sousa
> Information Development
> Rational Software
> IBM Software Group