RE: [cdt-dev] Vote for new CDT features

I like that idea. To help promote the CDT base as a platform and to avoid
overload of the term core, I would call it
org.eclipse.cdt.platform-feature.

Doug Schaefer, Senior Software Developer
IBM Rational Software, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Sebastien Marineau <sebastien@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
09/23/2003 10:46 AM
Please respond to
cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

"'cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: [cdt-dev] Vote for new CDT features

I'm partial to option 1 as well -- definitely the easiest for
users. If companies want to bundle a subset of CDT, then they
can "split it apart" and only take the base pieces they wish.

As for the name, that's a good question. org.eclipse.cdt.product
could be misleading; I'm thinking we should almost
use the org.eclipse.cdt-feature plugin (existing one) as the
super-feature, and create one that is the core feature
(e.g. org.eclipse.cdt.core-feature) that maps to what
the cdt-feature does today.

Thoughts?

Seb