Re: [cdt-dev] org.eclipse.cdt.core.test relies on the managed mak e plugin.

This is the exact problem that caused me to send out the email. The QNX product does not support the managed builders, so we don't build them, and therefor can no longer run/build the core CDT tests.
-Peter

Douglas Schaefer wrote:
I agree with Peter. The dependency breaks the core.tests if all you want

to do is test the cdt-feature. Since the builders are no longer part of the core, they should have their own tests plugins.

Proposal for the other cdt-build committers (Alain, Dave I, Sebastien): new projects created called: org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.tests and org.eclipse.cdt.make.tests.

Thanks,
Doug Schaefer, Senior Software Developer
IBM Rational Software, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Sean Evoy/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
09/19/2003 04:21 PM
Please respond to
cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [cdt-dev] org.eclipse.cdt.core.test relies on the managed make
plugin.

Peter,
From my perspective, I'd rather keep all the tests together. However,
I'll pull it out after we freeze code if it is causing you guys a lot of problems.

Sean Evoy
Rational Software - IBM Software Group
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Peter Graves <pgraves@xxxxxxx> Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
09/19/2003 03:56 PM
Please respond to
cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[cdt-dev] org.eclipse.cdt.core.test relies on the managed make plugin.

Hey,
After I updated org.eclipse.cdt.core.tests from cvs I noticed it now relies on the managed make plugins. This seems wrong to me. Since the managed make plugins got pulled out of the core plugins/features, we should probably move the related test's to a managedbuilder.tests
plugin.
Comments?
  -Peter