Re: [cdt-dev] (no subject)

Dave,
I do see the logic of removing the menu items from the CView now that Doug
talked me down off the roof :-) Anyway, I think it's worthwhile to appear
in the make target view, if for no other reason that to fend off the flood
of "why doesn't my managed project show up in the..." questions I'll get
on the newsgroup. I'll go take a look at the extension point. Thanks,

Sean Evoy
Rational Software - IBM Software Group
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

David Inglis <dinglis@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
09/17/2003 04:16 PM
Please respond to
cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [cdt-dev] (no subject)

Thats ok...
Since build target where hard coded make targets in the CView, they had
to be removed when the make targets where
removed from the core.  However, on the brighter side the new make
target management within the make plugins is much cleaner
now, with a new target manager (IMakeTargetManager) allowing other
plugins to add there own targets to a make type project, and
a complete interface to a make target  (IMakeTarget).  Also, if you are
a plugin with your own make type builder and support the IMakeBuilderInfo
as arguments to your builder (see MakeBuilder as an example) you just
need to advertise through an extension point (MakeTargetBuilder)
the builder that supports this, and these project will then show up in
the make targets view.

Dave..