Re: [cdt-dev] What happened to the build menu items

Doug,
I was only planning on putting them back for the managed projects. For the
managed build system, I only defined the 'all' and 'clean' targets in the
makefile, so the old menu items were perfect for what I needed. Based on
your comments, I'm going to raise a defect so I can track the work and
give some more thought to what I should replace them with.  Thanks for the
feedback!

Sean Evoy
Rational Software - IBM Software Group
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Douglas Schaefer/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
09/17/2003 02:34 PM
Please respond to
cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [cdt-dev] What happened to the build menu items

I actually hated these menus on the CView.  Other than 'Clean', they
duplicated the built-in build menu items but had slightly different
behavior.  And they were specific to Standard Make which made them work
weird with other build systems.

If you put them back, Sean, please make sure you only put them back for
managed make projects.

Cheers,
Doug Schaefer, Senior Software Developer
IBM Rational Software, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Sean Evoy/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
09/17/2003 01:56 PM
Please respond to
cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[cdt-dev] What happened to the build menu items

Hi All,
I hope this is a mistake on my part, but it seems as though the code
coming out of CVS has eliminated the "Build", "Rebuild" and "Clean" menu
items available in the popup menu from the C/C++ Project view. It's a
little late in the game to be removing things like this from the UI,
especially since we sat through a documentation review today and nothing
was mentioned. It is particularly troublesome for me, since I sort of
expect the user to get at the build functionality this was for managed
projects. Any help here would be appreciated.