Re:[cdt-dev] Revised Build Model Scanner Info Discovery Mechanism

The way, how it is implemented now does not encourage to use config method of the COwner-inherited class. This is because while creating new project, CProjectWizard.doRun() method primarily calls config() (through createNewProject()) which establishes another IScannerInfoProvider implementation and then immediately overwrite it the next lines:

ICDescriptor desc = CCorePlugin.getDefault().getCProjectDescription(newProject);

desc.remove(CCorePlugin.BUILD_SCANNER_INFO_UNIQ_ID);

desc.create(CCorePlugin.BUILD_SCANNER_INFO_UNIQ_ID, StandardBuildManager.INTERFACE_IDENTITY);

Of course, I can be stubborn and overwrite it once again :-)). But I don't think this sort of racing is an example of a good behavior.

Any ideas?

Alex Chapiro.

Back to the top