Re: [cdt-dev] Profiling

At 11:14 AM 5/13/2003 -0400, Alain Magloire wrote:

It is not in the battle plan, .. but I'm bouncing some ideas
with my co-workers to put at least the framework for profiling in CDT.

We wrote parsers for gprof and gmon files. We also wrote views for that data. We are discussing contributing them back, but we are crunched right now and don't have the time to package things up nicely. All of our work was done on 1.0.1, but we will be moving it to 1.1 soon -- we will probably check for interest after we are on 1.1 and have a list of requirements for the core to make it work right.

We did have make some changes in the core to support function and assembly level navigation and of course the editor "subclass me to add your ruler" interface is a winner takes all kind of interface. There are some interesting interactions with build model and/or parser as well.

Thanks!
-Chris

Back to the top