Re: [cdt-dev] Process.setPriority()

Hi!

I think you want both a relative and absolute actually. For the fellow who wants to do something platform specific you let them pass in a raw priority number. You also do what you suggest and have win32 like settings, Low, BelowNormal, Normal, AboveNormal and High. If you just do the latter then you've hosed the fellow who really needs control for some reason.

Thanks!
-Chris

At 04:39 PM 1/26/2003 -0700, you wrote:

> I'm seriously considering adding it to Spawner for two reasons. First,
> Spawner seems like what java.lang.Process should be and second, there is
> already the framework for a JNI hookup there.

What are your plans for doing priority descriptions?  Something relative
to the parent process priority I hope, like a "nice" value.  That will
map very well to everything but Win32, where it could be faked.

        chris

--
  Chris McKillop <cdm@xxxxxxx>   "The faster I go, the behinder I get."
  Software Engineer, QSSL                   -- Lewis Carroll --