Re: [cdt-dev] building CDT

Brian,

We are in the process of fixing our makefiles to support the new version
support, as
you correctly inferred.  It should work sometime today, in conjunction with
some of the
latest Eclipse nightly or integration builds. We are waiting for the
official Eclipse M6 drop
in order to come up with a stable driver based on it.
If you are just beginning to get familiar with CDT, the best is to pick our
latest stable build, from the
usual eclipse projects downloads area (I hope I got the right shortcut
below):
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/cdt-home/downloads/main.html?cvsroot=Tools_Project

Robert.

                    Brian Moyle
                    <bmoyle@mvista.       To:     cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                    com>                  cc:
                    Sent by:              Subject:     [cdt-dev] building CDT
                    cdt-dev-admin@e
                    clipse.org

                    05/20/02 08:49
                    PM
                    Please respond
                    to cdt-dev

I'm new to the CDT, so if the answer is "then don't do that", please let
me know.

I'm trying to build the CDT from the CVS tree.

After typing "make dev" in the org.eclipse.cdt.dstore.core plugin
directory, I receive the following error message:

   Cannot find jars from org.eclipse.ui_2.0.0
   *** Error: Usage: make ECLIPSE=eclipse_directory targets
   make: *** [generateBuildEnvironment] Error 1

It appears to be related to a change made recently (5/17/02) to add
version support.  Should I perform another step now that that support
has been added?  (e.g., linking directories to alternate names).

I thought I'd try to be fancy and revert back to rev 1.9 and 1.13 of
plugin.xml and GenerateMakefiles.java, respectively.  I then issued
"make clean-dev", "make clean", and tried "make dev" again.

That moved me past the initial error.  It also appears to have compiled
most of the java files (with the only noticable exception being
DataElementDialog.java).  Unfortunately, when I try bringing up Eclipse
with this newly compiled CDT, it quickly seg-faults:

-----
SIGSEGV 11 '(*) segmentation violation' in process 32421
     si_signo [11]: SIGSEGV: (*) segmentation violation
     si_errno [0]: Success
     si_code [1]: SEGV_MAPERR [addr: 0x4D0]

         stackpointer=0xbffc19d8
Writing java dump to javacore32421.1021938315.txt ...  OK
-----

It's very possible I have old libraries, old binaries, or a weird
environment, and since I've never had a working CDT build setup, I'm
hoping somebody else might have more of a clue than I do.

RedHat 7.2 (auto-upgraded from 7.1), using an IBM 1.3.0 SDK.

Any ideas?

Brian