[cdt-dev] building CDT

I'm new to the CDT, so if the answer is "then don't do that", please let me know.

I'm trying to build the CDT from the CVS tree.

After typing "make dev" in the org.eclipse.cdt.dstore.core plugin directory, I receive the following error message:

  Cannot find jars from org.eclipse.ui_2.0.0
  *** Error: Usage: make ECLIPSE=eclipse_directory targets
  make: *** [generateBuildEnvironment] Error 1

It appears to be related to a change made recently (5/17/02) to add version support. Should I perform another step now that that support has been added? (e.g., linking directories to alternate names).

I thought I'd try to be fancy and revert back to rev 1.9 and 1.13 of plugin.xml and GenerateMakefiles.java, respectively. I then issued "make clean-dev", "make clean", and tried "make dev" again.

That moved me past the initial error. It also appears to have compiled most of the java files (with the only noticable exception being DataElementDialog.java). Unfortunately, when I try bringing up Eclipse with this newly compiled CDT, it quickly seg-faults:

-----
SIGSEGV 11 '(*) segmentation violation' in process 32421
    si_signo [11]: SIGSEGV: (*) segmentation violation
    si_errno [0]: Success
    si_code [1]: SEGV_MAPERR [addr: 0x4D0]

        stackpointer=0xbffc19d8
Writing java dump to javacore32421.1021938315.txt ...  OK
-----

It's very possible I have old libraries, old binaries, or a weird environment, and since I've never had a working CDT build setup, I'm hoping somebody else might have more of a clue than I do.

RedHat 7.2 (auto-upgraded from 7.1), using an IBM 1.3.0 SDK.

Any ideas?

Brian

Back to the top