Re: [cdt-debug-dev] Console skip output lines when using gdb on windows/MinGW

On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 02:08:38PM -0700, fcx wrote:
> Do you know why this parsing problem appears only with windows/mingw and not
> with linux ? Is protocol parser different ? (I have tested with ubuntu Hardy
> (same eclipse&cdt version): with linux, the "my_app output" console contains
> all expected lines).

On Linux, CDT redirects your application's output to a different
pseudo-terminal (TTY).  That lets it unambiguously differentiate
between GDB output and program output.  Windows doesn't have TTYs.

On Windows you could probably arrange to do this just with pipes... or
by using set new-console, but that pops up a window.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery

Back to the top