[cdt-debug-dev] Re: BreakpointManager.java is broken

>  If you remove this breakpoints on static functions would not work.
>  Btw how can you create function breakpoint from UI which does not have
>  proper file?

I don't know that you can.

Try breaking at an address in the .elf that has no source code tied to
it, or at an address outside the .elf entirely(e.g. interrupt vector, operating
system, etc.).

For embedded debugging the GDB console is your friend. CDT treats
the GDB console as an abomination that should be hidden if at all
possible. I'm advocating the oposite that CDT should strive to make the
GDB console *more* available and better supported(e.g. by adding back
the GDB prompt).

>  In any case you cannot attach path to this e-mail it has to be bug report.

I'm trying to use cdt-debug-dev to discuss problem and possible solutions
before posting a bug report.

Should I post a bug report rather than "cluttering" cdt-debug-dev?

Either is fine by me as long as it is an effective forum for discussion.

--
Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com - eCos ARM & FPGA developer kit

Back to the top