Re: [cdt-debug-dev] Single stepping until exit from function _dl_ debug_state...

So it is not linked statically it is using shared libraries, can you find
your gdb binary and do ldd on it, also run gdb from command line and type
show version

Also try to debug from command line and see it has same problem.

Iztok wrote:

I've tried gdb and gdb/mi with the same results.

I'm not sure what you mean by "does my application link directly with libc?"

Here is the output of ldd against my app:
        linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xffffe000)
        libpthread.so.0 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libpthread.so.0 (0xb7f0c000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6 (0xb7dc2000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xb7f31000)

Is this what you were asking?

Thanks for you help,
Iztok