Re: [cdt-debug-dev] "Run to Line" command fails with native windo ws paths

On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 12:47:37PM -0400, Doug Schaefer wrote:
> If you have a debugger that runs on Windows and doesn't use cygpath, then I
> would hope it supports C:/. When you get into the world of linked resources,
> you can't guarantee that the current working directory and your source are
> on the same drive. Having said that, we probably should be using relative
> paths where possible to minimize the affects of such problems. Feel free to
> raise a bug.

If you switch to doing that, I imagine you'll trigger a different set
of debugger-can't-find-source problems :-)

I believe the only reliable way to do this is to ask the debugger for
what sources it thinks it has.  Then do some sort of unification
process with the sources Eclipse knows about, and always give the
debugger the same pathnames it gave you.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery

Back to the top