RE: [cdt-debug-dev] "Run to Line" command fails with native windo ws paths

If you have a debugger that runs on Windows and doesn’t use cygpath, then I would hope it supports C:/. When you get into the world of linked resources, you can’t guarantee that the current working directory and your source are on the same drive. Having said that, we probably should be using relative paths where possible to minimize the affects of such problems. Feel free to raise a bug.

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems

From: cdt-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael Wrighton
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 12:23 PM
To: cdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-debug-dev] "Run to Line" command fails with native windows paths

Hi,

I’m currently adding support for a gdb-based debugger that runs on windows but is not dependant on cygwin and does not use cygwin paths. One of the issues I’ve come across is when trying to use the run to line command. Because the cdt uses the full source path in the mi command e.g.

-exec-until "C:/Documents and Settings/mikew/runtime-New_configuration/csx/csx.c:17"

The debugger gets confused by the “C:” and fails to locate the file. The breakpoint command works fine because relative paths are used, so I don’t know why the run to line command can’t use the same mechanism? Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thanks,

Mike Wrighton

Back to the top