RE: [cdt-debug-dev] Projectless debugging broken in CDT CVS HEAD 4.0

Well, some people debug 64-bit applications. What are they supposed to do?

________________________________

From: cdt-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Øyvind Harboe
Sent: Sat 24/03/2007 11:16
To: cdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-debug-dev] Projectless debugging broken in CDT CVS HEAD 4.0

> > I've added code to the Zylin Embedded CDT plugin that implements a dummy IBinaryObject.
> What your dummy object returns as IAddressFactory or endianess, for example?

The default implementation of the interface was to throw a runtime
exception. I set a breakpoint on that runtime exception so I saw what
wasn't implemented and implemented a handful of methods and I was in
business. This indicates that to expose the project & IBinaryObject to
the debugger is to expose lots of stuff that isn't needed.

I never saw a breakpoint for endian, so I haven't added code yet.

I've created a FakeAddressFactory. All I had to implement was:

public IAddress createAddress(BigInteger addr) {
                return new Addr32(addr.longValue());
        }

http://cdt-contrib.cvs.sourceforge.net/cdt-contrib/embeddedcdt4_0/src/com/zylin/embeddedcdt/launch/FakeBinaryObject.java?view=log

A bit more info here:

http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cdt-debug-dev/msg01781.html

> > I've added code to the Zylin Embedded CDT that implements a dummy project object.
> The project object is used as IResource associated with function breakpoints and
> watchpoints.

I think my FakeCProject works because it doesn't matter whether or not
a source file is inside or outside a project these days w.r.t.
breakpoints.

--
Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com - eCos ARM & FPGA  developer kit