From: cdt-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:cdt-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of veenu khanna
Sent: 09 February 2007 16:42
To: cdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-debug-dev] Extending CDI launch Delegate

Hello,
Oops ! It was not a good idea to attach the file. I am sorry and even
the formatting looks hay wire. May be I need an advice there too. My
mail format is 65 width.

We have extended the "LocalCDILaunchDelegate" class to provide our own
launch configuration.
In this launch configuration, I am setting all the attributes that
probably a launch configuration created by CDI would have needed.(See
the launch file contents below) Everything works fine except for the
Source configuration due to which breakpoints can not be applied.
The project that we are debugging is not registered as a source
container. I think I am missing some configuration parameter where CDT
can take control and do that for me by default.

I would like CDI to take over and do all possible source configurationd
that it does when we launch C/C++ local application.
I am setting the following attribute in
LaunchConfigurationWorkingCopy but it seems it is not enough

wc.setAttribute(ILaunchConfiguration.ATTR_SOURCE_LOCATOR_ID,
"org.eclipse.cdt.debug.core.sourceLocator");

Can someone help me ?

Launch File
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<launchConfiguration
type="se.ericsson.tade.eclipse.debug.CLaunchDelegate">
<stringAttribute key="SIM_SELECTION" value="Vega"/>
<booleanAttribute
key="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.STOP_ON_SOLIB_EVENTS"
value="false"/>
<listAttribute key="LMs">
<listEntry value="LM/TMLEx999"/>
</listAttribute>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.launch.WORKING_DIRECTORY"
value="/tmp/CTADETimerExampleWP60006/default/axe/loadingGroup01_1"/>
<stringAttribute
key="org.eclipse.cdt.launch.DEBUGGER_STOP_AT_MAIN_SYMBOL"
value="UnixDebugHook_afterlinking"/>
<booleanAttribute
key="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.verboseMode" value="true"/>
<booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.AUTO_SOLIB"
value="false"/>
<booleanAttribute
key="org.eclipse.cdt.launch.DEBUGGER_STOP_AT_MAIN"
value="true"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.protocol"
value="mi"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.launch.PROGRAM_ARGUMENTS"
value=""/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.debug.core.source_locator_id"
value="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.core.sourceLocator"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.launch.DEBUGGER_ID"
value="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.GDBServerCDebugger"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.PORT"
value="4445"/>
<booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.REMOTE_TCP"
value="true"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.HOST"
value="localhost"/>
<stringAttribute key="IDebugUIConstants.ATTR_CAPTURE_IN_FILE"
value="/home/eveekha/EclipseLog.txt"/>
<stringAttribute key="EPCT_SELECTION" value="default"/>
<stringAttribute
key="org.eclipse.cdt.launch.DEBUGGER_START_MODE" value="run"/>
<booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.launch.use_terminal"
value="true"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.launch.PROJECT_ATTR"
value="CTADETimerExampleWP60006"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.launch.PROGRAM_NAME"
value="/tmp/VegaProm.stripped.2369"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.DEBUG_NAME"
value="/home/tadearc2/archive/TSP5.2/tbTADE52i17/DevEnv_IDPG/CompTools_I
DP/NativeTools_LM/i486-Redhat-6.0/bin/gdb"/>
<booleanAttribute
key="org.eclipse.cdt.launch.ENABLE_VARIABLE_BOOKKEEPING"
value="false"/>
<stringAttribute key="PROJECT_SELECTION"
value="CTADETimerExampleWP60006"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.GDB_INIT"
value="/tmp/eprun.2369.gdb"/>
</launchConfiguration>