RE: [cdt-debug-dev] JTAG (was: The fate of the current GDB support inCDT)

Doug Schaefer wrote:
> My first thoughts is to do something similar to Oyvind's work
> where the user
> can specify a list of gdb commands that are run after hooking
> up to the
> 'target remote' and before setting breakpoints and continuing.

The existing gdbserver stuff is not good enough for all gdb-based jtag
devices.  For ones that emulate gdb server (like Abatron BDI 2000),
we've been able to use the gdbserver CDT panel and just issue monitor
commands via the gdb console.  However, there are a number gdb-based
jtag solutions that use a specially patched version of gdb.  Often the
command is not 'target remote', but instead 'target <custom>' where
<custom> is a completely new type that the jtag vendor added in their
gdb patches.  To support these you need a launch configuration where
"target remote" is not issued at all and instead the user may enter
commands to run, including the "target" command.

  Jeremiah Lott
  TimeSys Corporation

Back to the top