From: cdt-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:cdt-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Doug Schaefer
Sent: 01 September 2006 15:17
To: CDT Debug developers list
Subject: [cdt-debug-dev] JTAG (was: The fate of the current GDB support
inCDT)

Well, I'm still pretty early in this. I've just started learning all the
things you can do with JTAG (I've been away too long from embedded
development, these things are wicked cool!).

My first thoughts is that you generally need to send down device and
platform specific 'monitor' commands to set up the remote target for
debug.
My first thoughts is to do something similar to Oyvind's work where the
user can specify a list of gdb commands that are run after hooking up to
the 'target remote' and before setting breakpoints and continuing. The
CDT currently has gdbserver support hidden which I'd like to expose at a
higher level and add this extra command support to that facility.

That's my early thinking. I'd be interested in hearing how others hook
up JTAG devices to the CDT.

Cheers
Doug Schaefer
QNX Software Systems