Re: [cdt-debug-dev] Attaching debugger to local process causes socket accept() to fail

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 01:48:36PM -0500, Vlad Codrea wrote:
Is there a way to attach the debugger to an existing test_socket.c process without causing that process to quit? The code for test_socket.c is included in this email.

You didn't mention on what platform you're doing this.  But it sounds
to me like a bug in the underlying debugger (GDB) for that platform,
or in the platform's debug interface, rather than a bug that Eclipse
can do anything about.

I'm using GDB 6.3.0.0-1.62rh configured as x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu. The computer has two AMD Opteron 248 Processors. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll ask on the GDB mailing list as well.

Vlad

Back to the top