Re: [cdt-debug-dev] Debugging multiple core microcontrollers.

At 04:25 PM 11/11/2005, Kim Lux wrote:
> Otherwise, you can start two sessions in the workbench and monitor
> each by
> switching the context in the Debug view.

2 debug sessions in the same Eclipse session ?  How do I do that ?

Can I do a third to debug the Java code as well ?

Thanks for discussing this with me.

[Sorry; accidentally hit the send button prematurely]

You would have two launch configurations and individually launch each one. Of course, you would only have one registers view, one variables view, etc. The context for those views are provided by the selection in the Debug view. [There is work in progress to make this more flexible. Most of the requirements driving the changes are coming from the embedded community working in multi-core, multi-processor environments (the DSDP Eclipse sub-project).]

As was pointed out, you can do this today with two desktop CDT sessions. For example, you can have two projects: one that builds a client app, the other a sever one. You can create launch configurations that will launch each project's output and then debug them simultaneously. And a Java session at the same time? Sure. I don't know why not. Then again, I've never tried it myself :-)

John

Back to the top