Re: [cdt-debug-dev] Debugger in 1.0

On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, garra wrote:

>   Hi, all!
>
>  I want to ask something about the situations with debuggers.
>
>  As I understood, there are many differences between CDT Debugger
> in Eclipse 1.0 and CDT Debugger in Eclipse 2.0. As I see, most important
> difference is that in 1.0 CDT Debugger work somehow, but for 2.0  CDT Debugger
> is just developing  and redesigning.

>  Now, if all I said above is truth, I want to ask - how can I use that old
> Debugger with Eclipse? What do I need for it?

Not being familiar with the previous IBM contributed code for the debugger
I can comment only on the infrastructure.  Eclipse 1.0 did not have a
locked down debugger API compared to the Eclipse 2.0 API which is well
defined.  If you wanted to use the previous debugger, you would have to
run it under Eclipse 1.0 presumably (as well as having all of the
installed/required components in place such as gdb).

The new CDT and consequently the debugger are developing well
and you should refer to the website for the details of the
development plan (ie timelines etc).

Thomas
Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher       QNX Software Systems
thomasf@xxxxxxx                 Core OS Technology Developer
(613)-591-0931                  http://www.qnx.com/

Back to the top