Re: [cdt-debug-dev] GDB/MI Issues

> Hi,
>
> I don't know who's on this list or if this list is still being used,
> but... I wanted to follow-up yesterday's meeting (graciously hosted by
> QNX -- thanks!): Is there a list of gdb and/or mi issues that you have?

Two things,  QNX internal pdebug server had a workaround, but
this very serious for GNU/Linux using stock gdb.

1-
# cat hello.c
#include <stdio.h>
int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
        printf ("Hello world err");
        return 0;
}

//	gdb/mi will do this
# gdb  --interpreter=mi ~/hello
run
&"run\n"
Hello world err^done,reason="exited-normally"
(gdb)

I was expecting:
@ Hello world
^done,reason="exited-normarlly"

2- and this which will fool the parser in thinking that the
   first "(gdb)\n"  Termination MI Output string was issued
   by the debugger.

# cat hello.c
#include <stdio.h>
int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {