From:        Denis Roy <denis.roy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        cbi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx,
Date:        05/21/2015 01:51 PM
Subject:        Re: [cbi-dev] What is correct procedure to restart HIPP instance?
Sent by:        cbi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Although the Stop/Start/Restart facility is meant as a "right now"
facility, it sends a SIGTERM to all the processes that are currently
running by the HIPP user in question.  As SIGTERM is a "polite request
to terminate", they are given the opportunity to clean-up and terminate
(which I assume they do), or to ignore the signal.

If you want more proper termination (ie, no aborted jobs) then you
should place Hudson into shutdown mode to prevent it from queueing more
jobs, which a system-level process cannot do.

Denis