Re: [cbi-dev] [wtp-releng] WTP migration to CBI

Hi Carl,

Sorry for the delay. It took me longer than I thought to move all my initial work from last year over to the new git repos. It is now complete and I opened Bug 412211 [1] to track the migration, I've added all my patches there as well. I wasn't sure where I should post the patches but I figured getting it in bugzilla was a good start. I also made quite a bit of progress since last year as well and got past the issues I was having when I started last year.

For the most part most of the bundles are buildable with CBI with a few blockers which I've opened bugs for:

Bug 412468 - [WTP] Error building org.eclipse.jpt.common.utility [2]
Bug 412467 - [WTP] Error compiling org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.ejb.generation.tests [3]
Bug 412465 - [WTP] org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.tests.performance missing MANIFEST.MF [4]
Bug 412464 - [WTP] Error compiling org.eclipse.jst.server.pde [5]
Bug 412462 - [WTP] Error compiling org.eclipse.wst.wsdl.ui [6]

Unfortunately at this point I'm stuck unless these bugs can be resolved which I will need help with determining how to resolve them. I will also need help determining what bundles/features don't have to be built if any since at the moment the patches attempt to build everything I could find. I've provided more details in the bugs as well as a summery for each patch in bug 412211 [1].

For the most part the I am able to build most of the components today with the exception of the webtools.dali repository which at the moment is unbuildable due to Bug 412468 [2].

Let me know if you would prefer the patches in another format, or if I should post them elsewhere. Also Is there any way we can get these patches into the repos, even if it's in a new branch?
(I think it would be easier for people to test and help if they were easily accessible via git checkout)

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/412211
[2] https://bugs.eclipse.org/412468
[3] https://bugs.eclipse.org/412467
[4] https://bugs.eclipse.org/412465