Re: [cbi-dev] [wtp-releng] WTP migration to CBI

Hi Everyone,

Wanted to give a quick update on where I'm at. It's been a busy week for me and I didn't get through as much webtools pom converting as I wanted to. At this moment I've completed creating initial poms for the following webtools repos:

webtools.common
webtools.common.fproj
webtools.common.snippets
webtools.common.tests
webtools.jsdt.core
webtools.jsdt.debug
webtools.jsdt.tests
webtools.servertools
webtools.sourceediting

I've been using this list as a starting point for which repos to work on: http://git.eclipse.org/c/?q=webtools

I will continue converting my poms from last year and hopefully have the initial poms ready next week. I will open a bug against CBI and post my patches there for review when it's ready.

Regards,

Thanh

On 21/06/13 02:31 PM, Thanh Ha wrote:
Hi Carl,

(Should this discussion move to a CBI mailing list?  Are there still CBI meetings?)

Yes, I think it'd be worth moving this conversation to the cbi mailing list (cc'd). We have not been doing regular CBI meetings for a while now.

> Are there any other projects building in CBI besides the Platform?

From what I can tell EMF and DTP are not building with CBI today but GEF Tooling is. A list of projects currently using CBI currently can be found here [1].

> And what would be the best way for us to restart this effort?

I think first steps is I port the work I started from the CVS version to the WTP Git repos and post the work somewhere and go from there. If I recall I left off when I was having a compile error last year [2]. I will see if I still run into this issue after I port the work over to the newer WTP version.

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/CBI/Projects
[2] http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/wtp-releng/msg08603.html

Thanh

Back to the top