Re: [cbi-dev] changing package line-up

On 12/04/2012 03:16 PM, Aleksandar Kurtakov wrote:
Lets try to keep the CBI platform build as simple as possible. I really like the idea of removing CVS but adding egit opens the door for many more circular dependencies which is not a good idea.
If someone wants to build egit/jgit together with the platform he can always create a new multimodule maven project aka:
* my-super-eclipse
    * platform-agregator-build
    * jgit
    * egit
    * mylyn
    * whatever else you want that builds using tycho

I think that's already what happens with the EPP packages: ship a "super-eclipse" for main use-cases.
I'm also +1 from removing CVS from default IDE and making it a more independent component that is not shipped by default along with SDK.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top