Re: [cbi-dev] Proposal to tweak the platform build instructions

On 11/29/2012 03:17 AM, Igor Fedorenko wrote:
The cost of adding the extra command line parameter is small.
In my experience, most people who see a pom.xml don't even read the doc, and directly run a "mvn clean install". And whatever the project is, they expect it to run. From a user POV, having to remember some extra command-line parameter is sometimes hard, especially if they have several projects which all have different parameters.
People only read doc when they have issues or when they want to do advanced stuff.

The
cost of troubleshooting the rare problems that will occur without the
parameter is very high. I will leave it to CBI team to decide what they
think is better for the users in this case.
maven.repo.local is indeed a good way to prevent from some issues. As already suggested by Lars, this could be part of an advanced section of the "How To build" page, with some tips & tricks.

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top