Re: [cbi-dev] [platform-swt-dev] [cdt-dev] swt-binaries and maven

Martin,

Do be clear, the incubation phase at Eclipse doesn’t really have a specific duration. It depends on the maturity of the project, and how fast it moves in building its code and community. When Google brought WindowBuilder to Eclipse, for example, it was only in incubation for a few months. There is certainly no requirement whatsoever that you must stay in incubation for one or two years.

Wayne Beaton, cc’d above, is the meister of the new project process. He can help.

Do I understand you? You are saying that there is interest from eclipse foundation and that we should first become a new project in incubation phase (for one or two years)? I personally did not ever lead an eclipse project. So hopefully there will be some kind of mentor leading us through the terms of conditions for eclipse projects :)

If this is correct I will send this offer to the community and we will see if they agree.

Back to the top