Re: [cbi-dev] [platform-swt-dev] [cdt-dev] swt-binaries and maven

On Wed, 2012-10-17 at 11:46 +0200, Martin Eisengardt wrote:
> ok, thanks. I will ask the other nar developers :)
>
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 11:10 AM, Aleksandar Kurtakov
> <akurtako@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>         There is interest from the people working on CBI to improve
>         the way we build natives but it's not unrelated to maven-nar
>         being Eclipse project we can still use it (depending on
>         licensing of course).
>         I can not speak for the Foundation but every project is
>         welcome to join eclipse.org as long as the licensing, IP
>         clearance, release process and etc. suites their needs. See
>         for some initial info
>         http://wiki.eclipse.org/Development_Resources/HOWTO/Starting_A_New_Project . Mentors are official part of every Eclipse.org project and I'm pretty sure there will be candidates. Unofficially I can serve as one if needed (aka reply to your questions :).
>
>         Alexander Kurtakov
>         Red Hat Eclipse team

That's all true :-). There is the official way of donating code to the foundation
and that path should be followed anyway.

But what I was trying to say was that Platform CBI build is starving for
that kind of maven plugin, and getting engaged into CBI directly would
definitely get you a lot of attention (and fame) very quickly, and
gather community around nar (but now it is obvious that you have the
community, just scattered).

--
Krzysztof Daniel <kdaniel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Red Hat